In March of 1999, I sat in a genetic counseling office, 20 weeks pregnant with my third child. One of my prenatal tests had shown an increased risk for Down syndrome, and so we were told to make this appointment as the next step in the process. The genetic counselor turned to me, and what she said next, I will never forget. “If you are going to have an abortion, you need to schedule it within the next two weeks. After that, we can’t perform the procedure at this hospital.” My husband and I were a bit stunned by the suggestion. For us, abortion was not an option, and we quickly ended the appointment and left.
Over the last few years, God had been putting a burden on my heart to reach out to women in crisis pregnancies with love and support. This experience was the wake-up call for me to do something about it. I started doing some research and found that my experience was not an exception. At abortion clinics and medical offices, many women are not being told all of their options, and if they are faced with financial uncertainty and outside pressures, they often choose abortion out of fear, feeling it was their only choice. I felt God calling me to help create a place where women wouldn’t be left saying, “Why didn’t someone ever tell me…?”
Once I answered God’s call, everything just fell into place. Within less than a year, Turning Point Pregnancy Resource Center opened its doors ready to welcome women in crisis pregnancies with love and support. It has been an awesome journey over the past nine years, watching this organization grow and flourish as it meets the needs of women who are in crisis. And yet that is only part of the picture. The babies born who may not have had that chance had Turning Point not been here, the young women who have found self-worth and chosen abstinence because of a purity presentation, and most importantly, the lives that have been changed because they have been introduced to Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
I have been blessed beyond words to be a part of this organization. I look forward to seeing what God is going to do in the next few years.
Who We Are
Welcome to Turning Point Pregnancy Resource Center!
We are glad you’ve visited our website.
Turning Point Pregnancy Resource Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, faith-based organization whose mission is to provide hope, help and healing to women in crisis pregnancies. We believe that life starts at conception, that every human being, including the unborn, has the intrinsic right to life and is made in the image of God. Because of this belief, Turning Point is called to speak the truth in love: the truth about abortion, the truth about Christ, and the truth that there are options available other than abortion.
We realize that the word abortion can be a divisive word. Some may say it’s a political issue, it’s a woman’s choice, it’s her body, etc. However, when women are given an option, presented in a non-judgmental and truthful manner, the gulf that seems to divide us is crossed. No matter what choice is made, they know they have come to a place where love is given unconditionally.
And that is what transforms a person’s choice.
We want to make more of an impact in the community and invite you to consider joining our team. We believe in making strong connections with those in our community so together we can form a network of support, service and leadership.
I believe that, with your help, we can make a difference in our community and impact the culture that surrounds us. Together we can help transform the lives of women and men faced with an unplanned pregnancy and build a culture of life.
WON’T YOU JOIN US?
Mission and Vision Statement
Bringing Hope, Help, and Healing, to Women in Crisis Pregnancies.
Turning Point Pregnancy Resource Center seeks to transform the community by showing unconditional love and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ through:
1) Helping women in crisis pregnancies recognize the miraculous life within their womb using fetal development education and medical diagnostic procedures.
2) Providing parenting education and supplies to families in need through a parenting support program.
3) Educating pregnant women about church and community based services and support available to them.
4) Educating adolescents and young women and men about the benefits of remaining chaste until marriage.
5) Promoting Christ-centered forgiveness, love and healing for women and men who have chosen abortion and their families.
Turning Point Pregnancy Resource Center seeks to establish itself as a known and respected community member providing services that promote a Christian world view regarding unborn life and the women who carry that life.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to perform good works.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Statement of Belief
We believe that:
- The Child
The Bible clearly teaches the humanity, personhood, intrinsic value, and divine creation of the preborn child.
- The Pregnant Woman
(a) She is a person for whom Christ died; therefore, she deserves the Christian’s acceptance, love, and care.
(b) She is accountable to God for her choices about her pregnancy, her preborn child, her own life, and her response to God.
- The Christian
(a) Each Christian has a divine obligation to protect the preborn child and to promote the sanctity of life.
(b) A Christian is called to minister to the pregnant woman and her child.